Because my CCNP certification was going to expire recently, I made some research to find out how to recertify. It was a pleasure to discover that by passing any 642-xxx exam, this recertifies you ALL Professional Level certifications (CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, CCVP). Of course, the 642-xxx exam has to be a part of the professional level curriculum. Another way to recertify is by passing any current CCIE written exam.
Since I also have the security professional certification (CCSP) in addition to the network CCNP certification, I decided to take the 642-523 exam (Securing Networks with Cisco PIX and ASA Firewalls). As I have successfully passed it a few days ago, I have managed to recertify both CCNP and CCSP for 3 more years…..
To recertify one of the CCNA or CCDA you need the following:
- Pass the current certification exam
- Pass a current Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams)
- Pass any Professional level exam bearing a 642 prefix
- Advancing to the next level or recertifying at the Professional level automatically renews all related Associate level certifications
- Pass a current CCIE written exam